As a Classical solo, orchestral, and chamber musician, Erika brings heartfelt, focused playing to every performance. Recent performances include Brahms' String Sextet No.1, Op. 18, and Mozart's Quintet in G minor, K. 516 at chamber music series Music at 100, and Brahms and Tchaikovsky's Sextets, Schubert's Trout Quintet, and Mozart's Clarinet Quintet with fellow faculty at National Music Camp of Canada.
Erika was Principal Cellist of the Sudbury Symphony Orchestra for the 2011-13 seasons, where she was a featured concerto soloist, presented recitals, performed with the SSO String Quartet, and was an instructor at the conservatory of music. She continues to perform as Principal and section cellist with numerous orchestras across Ontario.
As a chamber musician, Erika was on faculty of the ArtsAhimsa Chamber Music Festival in Lenox, MA, and has performed frequently with Westwood Concerts chamber series, and New Music series’ such as Soundstreams, Spectrum Music, Thin Edge New Music Collective, and Bicycle Opera Project.
Born in Lahr, Germany, and raised in Kingston, ON, Erika completed her Bachelor of Music Performance (honours) at Queen’s University, and her Artist Diploma at the Glenn Gould School with David Hetherington in Toronto, where she was a member of the Royal Conservatory Orchestra and the Glenn Gould School New Music Ensemble. She has studied at numerous summer festivals such as the Banff Centre, Le Domaine Forget, the Toronto Summer Music Festival, Schloss Beuggen International Music Festival, Germany, and others for Baroque specialization.
Erika performs on a gorgeous JB Collin-Mézin cello from 1885, and a bow made by Bernard Walke, Ottawa. Scroll down for Classical collaborations, click for Classical videos.
- Various orchestral work as Principal Cello and section cello, Toronto, and across Ontario
- Faculty Chamber Music Concerts, National Music Camp of Canada, 2018-present
- Kingston Symphony Association, regular substitute, 2005-present
- Tapestry Opera, contemporary opera, 2020
- Chamber concerts: Brahms Sextet and Mozart Quintet with Mark Whale, concertmaster of Etobicoke Philharmonic, 2019
- With Tonia Evans Cianciulli, Soprano, 2017-present
- With The 6ix Quartet (string quartet), tour of Madoc and Hastings County, 2018
- Brahms for Three! Chamber Concert, Gallery 345, 2018
- Charlotte: A Tri-Coloured Play With Music, Luminato, Toronto and World Stage Design Festival, Taipei, Taiwan, 2017
- Faculty: ArtsAhimsa Chamber Music Festival, Lenox MA. USA, 2016
- Duo with Lisa Raposa, pianist, 2016
- With Barbaad Music: Classical Iranian Ensemble, 2016
- Album recording of neo-Romantic music by composer Frank Horvat, 2016
- Bicycle Opera Project, contemporary opera, tours of Nova Scotia and Ontario, 2015
- Music Drama: The Bells of Baddeck, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, 2015
- Cello Ensemble: Cello Extravaganza III, Burlington, 2014
- Chamber Music, including Messiaen's Quartet for the End of Time: Westwood Concerts, 2014-15
- Principal Cellist: Oakville Chamber Orchestra, 2013-2014
- Ottawa Valley Music Festival Chamber Orchestra, 2013
- Concerto: Sudbury Symphony, 2013
- Concerto: St.Matthews United Church, Toronto, 2013
- Principal Cellist: Sudbury Symphony Orchestra & String Quartet, 2011-13
- Solo Recitals: Toute de Suite! Toronto and Sudbury, 2012
- Festival: The Banff Centre, 2011
- Chamber concert: the music of Larysa Kuzmenko, 2010
- Principal Cellist: Counterpoint Orchestra, 2010
- Masterworks of Oakville orchestral concerts, 2010
- Festival: Schloss Beuggen International Summer Music Academy, Rheinfelden, Germany, 2010
- Principal Cellist: The Glenn Gould School New Music Ensemble, 2007-10
- Festival: Symphony Orchestra Academy of the Pacific, 2009
- Chamber Music Ensembles: The Glenn Gould School, 2007-10
- Royal Conservatory Orchestra, 2007-10
- Festival: solo and chamber music, Le Domaine Forget, 2005-06
- Chamber Music Ensembles: cello ensemble, piano trio, string quartet, Queen's University, 2003-07
- Principal Cellist: Queen's University Symphony Orchestra, 2003-07
- Chamber Music and orchestra, Belvoir Terrace Summer Arts Program, Lenox MA. USA, 2002-03