As a Classical orchestral and chamber musician, Erika brings heartfelt, focused playing to every performance. Recent performances include Brahms and Tchaikovsky's Sextets, Schubert's Trout Quintet, and Mozart's Clarinet Quintet with fellow faculty at National Music Camp of Canada. Coming up is Brahms' String Sextet No.1, Op. 18 and Mozart's Quintet in G minor for chamber music series, Music at 100, details here.
Erika was Principal Cellist of the Sudbury Symphony Orchestra for the 2011-13 seasons, where she was a featured concerto soloist, presented recitals, performed with the SSO String Quartet, and was an instructor at the conservatory of music. She continues to perform as Principal and section cellist with numerous orchestras across Ontario.
As a chamber musician, Erika was on faculty of the 2016 ArtsAhimsa Chamber Music Festival in Lenox, MA. She has performed frequently with Westwood Concerts chamber series, and New Music series’ such as Soundstreams, Spectrum Music, The Thin Edge New Music Collective, and Bicycle Opera Project.
Born in Lahr, Germany, and raised in Kingston, ON, Erika completed her Bachelor of Music Performance (honours) at Queen’s University with Wolf Tormann, and her Artist Diploma at the Glenn Gould School with David Hetherington in Toronto, where she was a member of the Royal Conservatory Orchestra and the Glenn Gould New Music Ensemble. She has studied at numerous summer festivals such as the Banff Centre, Le Domaine Forget, the Toronto Summer Music Festival, Schloss Beuggen International Music Festival, Germany.
She performs on a gorgeous JB Collin-Mézin cello from 1885, and a bow by Bernard Walke, Ottawa. Scroll down for Classical collaborations.
- Various Orchestral work as Principal Cello and section cello, Toronto, and across Ontario
- Faculty Chamber Music Concerts, National Music Camp of Canada 2018-present
- Kingston Symphony Association, regular substitute 2005-present
- Chamber concerts, Brahms Sextet and Mozart Quintet with Mark Whale, concertmaster of Etobicoke Philharmonic, 2019
- With Tonia Evans Cianciulli, Soprano, 2017-present
- Brahms for Three! Chamber Concert, Gallery 345, 2018
- Charlotte: A Tri-Coloured Play With Music, World Stage Design Festival, Taipei , Taiwan, and Toronto 2017
- Faculty: ArtsAhimsa Chamber Music Festival, 2016
- With Lisa Raposa, pianist, 2016
- With Barbaad Music: Iranian Ensemble, 2016
- Album recording of neo-Romantic music by composer Frank Horvat, 2016
- Contemporary Opera: Bicycle Opera Project, touring Nova Scotia and Ontario 2015
- Music Drama: The Bells of Baddeck, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia 2015
- Cello Ensemble: Cello Extravaganza III, Burlington 2014
- Chamber Music, including Messiaen Quartet for the End of Time: Westwood Concerts 2014-15
- Principal Cellist: Oakville Chamber Orchestra 2013-2014
- Chamber orchestra: Ottawa Valley Music Festival 2013
- With Sina Bathaie, Santur 2013-14
- Concerto: Sudbury Symphony 2013
- Concerto: St.Matthews United Church, TO 2013
- Principal Cellist: Sudbury Symphony Orchestra & String Quartet 2011-13
- Solo Recitals: Toute de Suite: Toronto and Sudbury 2012
- Festival: The Banff Centre 2011
- Chamber concert: the music of Larysa Kuzmenko 2010
- Principal Cellist: Counterpoint Orchestra 2010
- Masterworks of Oakville orchestral concerts 2010
- Principal Cellist: The Glenn Gould School New Music Ensemble 2007-10
- Festival: Symphony Orchestra Academy of the Pacific 2009
- Chamber Music Ensembles: The Glenn Gould School 2007-10
- Royal Conservatory Orchestra 2007-10
- Festival: solo and chamber music, Le Domaine Forget 2005-06
- Chamber Music Ensembles: cello ensemble, piano trio, string quartet, Queen's University 2003-07
- Principal Cellist: Queen's Symphony Orchestra 2003-07
- Chamber Music and orchestra, Lenox MA 2002-03