As a Baroque cellist, Erika has performed as both soloist and continuo with period instrument performers and historical ensembles across Toronto. She recently performed as a concerto soloist with Leonardo Leo's Cello Concerto No. 2 D major, L.10 for Music at Metropolitain, Metropolitan United Church, and was recently a guest emerging artist performer at the 2019 Bloomington Early Music Festival, Indiana, with Rezonance Baroque Ensemble, performing an all-Handel program, "Handel's Heronies."
Erika was a 2014 and 2018 fellow of the Tafelmusik Baroque Summer Institute, where she studied with Christina Mahler and Allen Whear, and studied the Italian Baroque at LAMP in Lunenbourg, NS, with Elinor Frey. Erika performs on a Baroque bow by Stephen Marvin, and a 1924 Roth cello converted for Baroque playing by Quentin Playfair.
Scroll down for a list of Baroque collaborations. Click for Baroque videos.
- Bloomington Early Music Festival guest emerging artists, with Rezonance Baroque Ensemble, 2019
- Rezonance Baroque Ensemble concerts, 2017-Present
- Baroque concerts with Musicians on the Edge, Music at Metropolitan United Church, Ben Stein, lute and theorbo, 2017-Present
- Course: J.S. Bach Cello Suites with Elinor Frey, 2020
- Cello concerto by Leonardo Leo at Metropolitan United Church, 2019
- Cor Unum Baroque Ensemble, University of Toronto, 2018-19
- Tafelmusik Baroque Summer Institute 2014, 2018
- With Emily Klassen, soprano, Charlie Davidson, tenor, 2018
- With Philip Fournier, organ, Oratory of St.Neri, 2017
- Solo Recital: OPPOSITES ATTRACT for solo Baroque cello & improvising quartet. Gallery 345, Toronto, 2016