CONTEMPORARY New Music, Rock/Pop, Musical Theatre, Indie, Singer-Songwriter
As a contemporary cellist, Erika ROCKS.
She has performed with Grammy-winning artist Kanye West for both MTV Canada and Live at the Concert Hall series, and with Juno-winning artist Johnny Reid for Canada's Walk of Fame. Erika is a Dora-nominated music theatre musician and has recorded for a breadth of artists, and recently performed as part of The Musical Stage Company's 2019 UNcovered series, with the music of Stevie Wonder & Prince at Koerner Hall and George Weston Recital Hall. Go here for rock & contemporary videos.
Erika is in high demand for Rock/Pop concerts and recording sessions, performing regularly with CLASSIC ALBUMS LIVE including Pink Floyd: The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon; The Beatles: White Album, Abbey Road; with Toronto's 25 piece Motown band THE BIG SOUND, and with ELO tribute Strange Magic who was featured live on The World's Greatest Tribute Bands for AXS TV at Whisky a Go-Go in Los Angeles, CA. Performances have taken Erika across North America in venues such as Koerner Hall, Roy Thompson Hall, George Weston Recital Hall, Toronto; and The Miller Outdoor Theatre, Houston TX.
In Musical Theatre she performed as part of the Dora-nominated music ensemble with The Musical Stage Company’s Onegin: The Musical in Toronto and on tour at The National Arts Centre, Ottawa, and has performed The Last Five Years by Jason Robert Brown five times.
In New Music, she has performed in series’ such as Soundstreams, Spectrum Music, Thin Edge New Music Collective, Bicycle Opera Project, and was a member of minimalist ensemble Muskox.
As a recording artist Erika has appeared on albums by Canadian artists such as The Weather Station, Jennifer Castle, The Trews, Megan Bonnell, Jeffery Straker, composer Frank Horvat, and on the 2014 JUNO-nominated album by Splash 'n Boots.
She performs on both a Luis & Clarke carbon fibre cello, outfitted with a Realist pickup and L.R. Baggs DI, for electric playing, and her gorgeous 1885 JB Collin-Mézin cello for acoustic.
New Music, Musical Theatre, Rock/Pop, Motown, Indie, Singer-Songwriter
- CLASSIC ALBUMS LIVE 2014-PRESENT
- ELO tribute, Strange Magic: The ELO Experience 2013-PRESENT
- THE BIG SOUND 25 piece Motown Band, Toronto 2013-PRESENT
- The Musical Stage Company's UNCovered Concert Series: Stevie Wonder & Prince, Koerner Hall, George Weston Recital Hall, 2019
- Tonia Evans Cianciulli, album of Ron Hynes covers, 2019
- TV Soundtrack: CBC's My Farmland, 2019
- Every Silver Lining the Musical: Next Stage Fringe Festival, 2019
- Compulsion the Musical: Next Stage Fringe Festival, 2018
- The Musical Stage Company: ONEGIN the Musical, Toronto and Ottawa, 2017
- The Weather Station, 2016-18
- Jennifer Castle 2013, 2017
- Jeffrey Straker 2010-17
- LOVING IN THE NAME OF 2015-Present
- Frank Horvat, 2016-17
- Ruthann Clayton, 2016
- Jennifer Castle, 2016
- ARKANA, improvising quartet, 2016
- Ali Berkok, jazz pianist, 2016
- Maylee Todd, LaNai Gabriel, 2016
- Christian James, 2016
- YES Theatre Company: The Last Five Years, 2016
- Johnny Reid, 2015
- Jay Malinowski, 2015
- Bicycle Opera Project, Nova Scotia and Ontario 2015
- AHI, indie soul artist 2014
- Thin Edge New Music Collective 2014
- Kandle, Patrizia 2014
- Next Stage Fringe Festival 2014
- Shawn Gingrich, Naria 2013
- Spectrum New Music Series 2013
- Soundstreams Toronto 2013
- Shawn Hitchins; Splash 'n Boots 2012
- Allie Hughes, Megan Bonnell; Michael Holt 2011
- Muskox 2008-11
- Bruce Peninsula with Muskox 2010
- Danielle Duval 2010
- Kanye West, Late Registration Tour: ACC, MTV Canada
- Film Composers Guild 2008-09
- The Trews 2009-10
- The Roaring Girl Cabaret with Miranda Mulholland, 2008
- Klezfactor 2008
- Mark Wilson 2008
- Queen's Musical Theatre Company: 2003-07